Can't Find it in our FAQ's Page? Go to theDepartments List or e-mail us for more information.
Information Access Portal
Where do I go to find information on county meetings?
- That information can be found on the County Meetings page - lists the links to the various county meetings calendars, agendas, etc..
Where can I find information on housing financial aid?
- That information can be found by calling the Corporation for Affordable Homes at 815/ 206-5805.
Where can I find information on the election process?
Where can I find passport information?
- The County Treasure can process passport applications for more information on cost go to the Treasurer's site.
How can I have a public defender appointed to my case?
Real Estate / Taxes
- At your next court appearance, ask the judge to appoint a public defender.
How do I apply for the Sr Citizen Homestead Exemption?
Has my Senior Citizen Homestead Exemption been processed?
How do I change the address on my Tax Bill?
Where can I find current and past property tax information?
- Tax information is kept in the Treasurers office. More infomation is available on the Treasurer's site.
Where can I file a claim?
- The McHenry County Workforce Center can assist McHenry County Citizens in filing for Unemployment Insurance. The IL Department of Employment Security is located at 500 Russel Court / Woodstock, IL 60098 and be can reach at 815/338.7100 extension 508.
Where can I find assistance with my utility bills?
- McHenry County Housing has a Utility Assistance Program. The organization is not affiliated with the Government Center, however they can be reached at 815/ 338.7752.
Where do I find information about Birth, Death and Marriage certificates?
- The County Clerk's office keeps all vital records for the county. Information and request forms can be found at that deparments site. County Clerk's website.