- Perform a “quality control check” to ensure all documents are correctly completed and legible, including Illinois Real Estate Transfer Declaration Forms (PTAX-203, etc.)
- Do not use excessive white-out or otherwise affix anything on documents; as this will result in a non-conforming fee.
- The document shall be on white paper of not less than 20-pound weight and shall have a clean margin of at least one-half inch on the top, bottom, and each side.
- Do not use highlighters other than yellow – all other colors scan as a black mark, making information unreadable. These documents will be rejected.
- A clear 3”x5” space in the upper right-hand corner is required. If in doubt, add a cover sheet to your document so you will not be charged a non-conforming fee.
- Provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope for return of original documents and copies. Please do not send individual envelopes for each document submitted, but send a properly-sized envelope to accommodate all documents recorded.
- Bound or thick documents must be unbound or unstapled to print recording information; a paper clip is best.
- Send no more than 10 documents, per folder.
- Provide one (1) blank check per folder; all other checks should be paper-clipped to their appropriate document.
- Make sure a McHenry County document number is being released, assigned, subordinated, modified or amended on your document – 2017R0000000 (Year, Letter “R” & seven digits).
- There must be a note attached to any assignment (immediately following the mortgage) with direction in order for us to insert a mortgage document number.
- We are unable to insert mortgage numbers on subordinations.
- On subordinations, only the mortgage being subordinated is indexed.
- Deliver documents prior to 4:00 p.m., if possible.
- Title Companies – please pick-up original documents promptly and on a regular basis.
Check all documents for the following:
- Signature(s) - required on both documents and checks.
- Notary - not required but recommended for protection of person signing.
- Prepared by - name and address of person preparing document.
- A mail-to (MT) name and address is required on every document (preferably on the first page to enable quick indexing).
- Legal description must be in McHenry County and complete.
Check all Deeds for the following:
- A complete Grantee’s Address including street, city & state is required on all deeds.
- A Plat Act Affidavit must accompany the deed if the legal description is metes and bounds and be properly completed, signed, and dated.
- A completed exemption paragraph with date & signature OR completed Illinois Real Estate Transfer Declaration Form (PTAX-203, etc.) must accompany all deeds. If a deed is exempt under paragraph B, K, or M, a PTAX-203 is also required.
Rental Housing Support Program (RHSP Surcharge)
If you believe you are exempt from paying the RHSP surcharge, please fill out the RHSP Exemption Declaration Form and include with each document submitted.