The McHenry County Continuum of Care (CoC)
- Please check back in 2017
2016 Collaborative Application and Priority Listing
Previous Years Funding Application:
Homeless Study for McHenry County
- Strategic Plan to End Homelessness 2016-2018
WHAT IS A CONTINUUM OF CARE?
According to HUD, a Continuum of Care is "a community plan to organize and deliver housing and services to meet the specific needs of people who are homeless as they move to stable housing and maximize self-sufficiency."
WHAT DOES THE MCHENRY COUNTY CoC DO?
The McHenry County Continuum of Care to End Homelessness assists in the coordination and development of services and housing for homeless and low-income persons with housing needs through planning, education and advocacy.
- Provide knowledge to and engage the general population of McHenry County to understand the at-risk population facing homelessness.
- Educate service providers on best practices in addressing housing needs.
- Identify housing needs for homeless and low-income persons in McHenry County.
- Support planning and development of services to meet prioritized housing needs within McHenry County.
- Obtain and sustain permanent housing solutions.
- Sustain a united coalition of community systems and individuals.
- Assist the homeless and near homeless in obtaining housing, economic stability, and an enhanced quality of life through comprehensive and collaborative services.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE MCHENRY COUNTY CONTINUUM OF CARE?
Membership shall be comprised of individuals and agencies concerned with the development and coordination of homeless assistance programs. Membership is open. Participants include:
- Homeless or formerly homeless individuals and families
- Housing Developers and Landlord Organizations
- Neighborhood Groups
- Non-profit organizations
- Healthcare Providers
- Representatives of Business and Financial Institutions
- Representatives of Organized Labor
- Representatives of Private Foundations and Funding Organizations
- Social Service Providers
- State and Local Government Agencies
- Faith-Based Organizations
- Volunteer Individuals
- Concerned Citizens
HOW OFTEN DOES THE CONTINUUM MEET?
The Continuum of Care meets monthly to discuss and plan for the providing of necessary services for the homeless of McHenry County. Meetings are held the 2nd Thursday of each month at 9:00 am at the McHenry County Mental Health Board Building.
Current CoC Documents (for review and meeting purposes):
Membership Documents (click on the text below for document):
McHenry County CoC Membership (Application)