- It is a curb-to-curb, demand-response public transit service available to McHenry County residents traveling within and between partner communities.
- Our partner communities include: City of Crystal Lake, City of Harvard, City of Marengo, City of McHenry, City of Woodstock, Village of Huntley, Village of Johnsburg, Village of Ringwood, Dorr Township, Grafton Township, Greenwood Township, Marengo Township, McHenry Township, and Nunda Township.
- Service hours are Monday - Friday 6:00 AM - 7:00 PM and Saturday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- MCRide has a distance-based cash-only fare structure.
- No changes to the McHenry Township Senior Express service.
Pace Fixed Bus Routes
- Pace Fixed Bus Routes are traditional bus routes served by Pace Suburban Bus since 1978.
- McHenry County is served by Pace Routes 806, 807, 808, 809, and 550.
- These routes accept the RTA Free/Reduced Fare Permits.
Metra Commuter Rail
- Metra is the commuter rail line connecting McHenry County to the Northwest Suburbs and the City of Chicago.
- Union Pacific Northwest Line has seven stations located in McHenry County.
RTA Travel Training Program
The Regional Transportation Authority offers a Travel Training Program that teaches individuals with disabilities and older adults how to use CTA, Metra, and Pace buses and trains. The service is free except for the cost of transit fares during training sessions. The travel training program will assist you with learning how to ride the service until you are comfortable doing it on your own. To sign up contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-913-3120. Or check out the new Travel Training Videos here.
We Want to Hear from You!
- We are always looking for ways to improve public transportation in McHenry County. Please take a moment to fill out this short survey about transit services and MCRide.
- If you are interested in receiving email updates about MCRide, please register here.
- If you have a specific question or comment about something you experienced on a transit service, please complete this survey.
- Any additional comments or questions can be sent to email@example.com
Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Información en Español
Servicio de Paratransito y Servicio Dial-a-Ride de Pace:
Telefono: (847) 228-3575
Para Información de Tarifas, Programma de Incentivo Vanpool, y Avisos:
Para Información de CTA/Metra llame al Centro de Transporte al:
Telefono: (815) 836-7000
Para Información de MCRide
- Pace Suburban Bus Services
- Regional Transportation Authority (RTA)
- Transit Map for Lake-McHenry Counties (RTA)
- Metra (Commuter Rail)
- Ride In Kane
- Ride Lake County
Can't find what you're looking for?
Call 2-1-1 from any phone to get connected to answers.