Labor Report 2017 NOW AVAILABLE!
(Click image for your copy of the 2017 McHenry County Labor Report [PDF])
Highlights of this report:
This document is strictly a snapshot of where McHenry County labor is as of Q3 2017, and is not meant to answer all the questions, but is meant to be a document to further discussion between local Employers, the local Employer Service office (LWIB & MCWN), the local Economic Development office (MCEDC), and education/training providers.
- Labor Report looks ahead for a 4 yr range
- Labor Report looks at labor issues including:
- Local industrial makeup/change,
- Jobs and earnings,
- UI characteristics,
- Job openings,
- WIA Customer attainments,
- Skills in demand, and more.
- While the Labor Report identifies basic local demographics, it focuses on local labor and workforce issues.
- Compares McHenry County jobs and earnings with adjacent Lake and Kane Counties
Workforce Network Services
- The McHenry County Workforce Network serves local youth, adult job seekers, and dislocated workers with career advising, career readiness and training services.
- Customer training mirrors local occupation & industry demands.
- Working and talking with employers to prepare pipeline of workers in demand occupations
- Identifying local needs and skills gaps that exist to better advise customers and meet local needs, and discuss these needs with training providers.
Report Archive [PDF]: