That information can be found here.
- For information regarding Jail/Inmate Visitation please visit the McHenry County Sheriff's Office website.
- That information can be found on the Illinois State Board of Elections website
- To report a Bad Check or view information regarding the State's Attorney Bad Check Program please visit the State's Attorney website.
- Emergency Management has Preparedness guides (Family Disaster Plan, Tornado Facts, etc.)
- To view the TOP 10 Fugitives of McHenry County.
- Returning Veteran's Homestead Exemption forms can be found on the Assessments website.
- Information regarding Ethics Commission can be found here.
Tax Parcel Combination or Division forms can be found on the Assessments website.
- Information regarding Bridge Weight Limits can be found on the Division of Transportation website.
- Overweight and Oversize Truck Permits can be found on the Division of Transportation website.
- Major and Minor Access Permit applications can be found on the Division of Transportation's website.
Homestead Exemption for Persons with Disabilities forms can be found on the Assessments website.
You apply for building permits through the Department of Planning and Development's Building Division. Permit information is available on the Planning and Development website.
- For information regarding Child Support please visit the Circuit Clerk's website.
- For information regarding Veteran's Assistance please visit the Veterans Assistance Commission's website.
- For information regarding marriage ceremonies please visit the County Clerk's website.
- To find information regarding the WIC program and who can qualify please visit the McHenry County Department of Health's website.
- Information regarding scheduling immunization appointments can be found on the Health Departments website.
- To receive assistance with resumes, please visit the McHenry County Workforce Network website.
- To view the Awarded RFPs/Bids please visit the Purchasing Department's website.
- To view the current RFPs/Bids please visit the Purchasing Department website.
- To view the McHenry County's current budget please visit the County Administration's website.
To view the McHenry County Audit Reports visit the Auditors website.
- To view Volunteer Divisions within the Emergency Management Department or just to learn more about the different divisions please visit the Emergency Management website.
- To view road closures in McHenry County please visit the Division of Transportation's website.
- Visit the Emergency Preparedness site for information regarding preparing for an emergency.
- The County Clerk's office keeps all vital records for the county. Information and request forms can be found at that departments site. County Clerk's website.
- The Assessment Department process the Sr Citizen Homestead Exemptions. More information can be found at the Assessment Department website
- The mortgage company sends an email requesting the amount of your real estate tax bill. The mortgage company will then forward payment to the Treasurer’s office.
- The Supervisor of Assessments is responsible for a variety of exemptions, legal descriptions, mapping, and address clarifications, as well as the filing of assessment complaints. Information is available on their website at Assessments or can be reached at 815-334-4290.
- Tax rates are determined by your taxing bodies, for example: schools, libraries, fire departments. Contact them directly with questions.
- Your local township assessor can help explain the assessed value of your property. The following link will provide you with township assessor contact information. Township Assessor Information Web Page
- It could eventually lead to the loss of your property, but only if the tax lien remains unpaid over two years.
- Since all property taxes in the county must be paid each year, delinquent taxes are offered at a tax sale in the fall. At this time, tax buyers bid for the opportunity to pay delinquent taxes, and acquire a lien on the property. This lien must be paid back to the tax buyer through the County Clerk’s office at whatever rate of interest the successful bidder established upon winning the bid. You can contact the County Clerk at 815-334-4242.
- State law requires that after the due date a late penalty is added at the rate of 1.5% per month or part of a month and increases every 30 days until the date of tax sale.
My mortgage company holds money in escrow to pay my property taxes. If they pay them late, who is responsible to pay penalties and late fees?When lenders hold money in escrow for property tax payments, it is their obligation to pay the taxes on time, and for the appropriate amount. In cases where a mistake is made, the lender is responsible for all penalties and fees. These fees are to come out of their corporate account, not the escrow account and must be included when the tax payment is made.
I refinanced my mortgage recently. If there is a mix-up and my taxes aren't paid on time, how will I know?Check online at www.mchenrytreasurer.org for the current status of your taxes or call our office. Thirty days before any delinquent taxes are sent to the tax sale, certified letters are sent to property owners informing them of the dates and penalties involved regarding any current unpaid taxes.
My mortgage company and I both paid the taxes due on the same installment. Will you send the double payment back to me?The first payment is applied and any additional payment(s) are refunded to the maker of the duplicate payment.
- We always mail the bill to the property owner. You may forward the bill to your bank if you wish. If in doubt whether you need to forward your bill for payment, contact your mortgage company.
- Property is taxed not the individual. Taxes are based on the calendar year and the prior year’s assessment. Prorating of the tax bill between the buyer and the seller, based on the length of ownership, is generally done at the time the property changes hands and is written into the contract. The new owner should read their closing papers for the prorated tax credit.
- The Supervisor of Assessments office does all address corrections and can be reached at 815-334-4290. Changing the address requires a signature. The following link will provide the necessary form. Township Assessor Information Change of Address Form.
- If you did not receive a tax bill during the month of May, or if you lost your bill, you may call our office at 815-334-4260, or obtain a copy of your bill on the internet at www.mchenrytreasurer.org.
Remember: Failure to receive your tax bill does not void the tax or prevent the addition of penalties and costs.
- Yes, as long as the postmark is made by the post office, and not by a metered postal machine. The payment must be dated by midnight of the due date in order to avoid penalty costs.
- Illinois law will not allow us to accept partial payments. If we receive a partial payment we will return it to you.
- You can obtain an email receipt by registering your email address at www.mchenrytreasurer.org prior to making a payment. Or bring your entire bill to the Treasurer’s Office or your financial institution to have the back of the bill stamped paid.
- You may pay by phone, internet or in the Treasurer’s office with Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express. Instructions are enclosed with your tax bill. There is approximately a 2.5% fee that is charged by the credit card company. The county receives no part of this fee.
- Mail your tax bill payment to:
McHenry County Collector
2200 N Seminary Ave
Woodstock Il 60098
Or use the envelope provided
Pay in person at:
McHenry County Treasurer Office
2100 N. Seminary Avenue
Woodstock Il 60098
Located at the southeast corner of Route 47 and Russell Court
With drive through service and 24 hour drop box service available
Using a credit card or direct withdrawal at www.McHenryTreasurer.org (fees apply)
Pay by phone:
Using a credit card or direct withdrawal with the automated service at 877-309-9309 (fees apply)
Most McHenry County banks accept payment. Check with your local bank to verify they accept real estate tax payments. Note Credit Card payments are not accepted at the banks.
- Office hours are Monday - Friday 7:15am - 5:15pm
- That information regarding what grace period registration is can be found here
- Tax information is kept in the Treasurer’s office. More information is available on the Treasurer's site.
- McHenry County Housing has a Utility Assistance Program. The organization is not affiliated with the Government Center, however they can be reached at (815)338-7752.
- The McHenry County Workforce Center can assist McHenry County Citizens in filing for Unemployment Insurance. The IL Department of Employment Security is located at 500 Russel Court / Woodstock, IL 60098 and be can reach at (815)338-7100 extension 508.
- At your next court appearance, ask the judge to appoint a public defender.
- The County Treasure can process passport applications for more information on cost go to the Treasurer's site.
- That information can be found by calling the Corporation for Affordable Homes at (815)206-5805.
- To view information regarding Animal Adoption please visit the Animal Control website.
- Click here to view open positions along with applying for a position with McHenry County Government Center.
Valley Hi Nursing Home Contact by phone: (815) 338-0312 or by fax: (815) 338-0458. For the address or driving directions please click here.
That information can be found under the About Us/Department Press Releases
- To pay your court fine's online click here
- The Probation/Court Services Department can be contact by Phone at: (815) 334-4400 or by Fax: (815) 338-8895
The States Attorney can be contacted by the following:
McHenry County State's Attorney, Louis A. Bianchi
McHenry County Government Center
2200 N. Seminary Avenue, Suite 150
Woodstock, IL 60098
- Bond may be posted for inmates 24 hours a day at the McHenry County Sheriff's Department Correctional Bureau facility. Acceptable payment methods are listed below:
- Traveler's Checks
- MasterCard, Visa or Discover (a fee on the use of credit cards will be charged)
- Cashier's checks will only be accepted after being approved on a case-by-case basis by the Circuit Clerk's Office. The correctional division must receive notification of the approval from the Circuit Clerk's Office before the cashier's check will be accepted for bond.
Effective July 7, 2003, a $28.00 bail bond processing fee will be assessed when bond is posted at the McHenry County Sheriff's Department Correctional Bureau facility. This fee is being collected pursuant to McHenry County Ordinance No. 0-9901-32-08.
- Information and sign-up for Community/Safety electronic alert can be found on the McHenry County Sheriff's website.
- Property Taxes can be paid for online or at the Treasurer's Office.
Know where you can vote
- That information can be found on the County Clerk's Election web page
- To view precinct’s you live in click here
- The information on how to become an Election Judge can be found County Clerks Judge of Elections web page
- Please visit the Sheriff's Office website.
- That information can be found on the County Meetings page - lists the links to the various county meetings calendars, agendas, etc..