Welcome to McHenry County Regional Office of Education. Our mission is to serve the students, teachers and families of McHenry County to ensure ALL children have access to a World Class education.
We at the Regional Office of Education are proud of our work and look forward to the continuing challenge of professional performance. I personally welcome your comments and suggestions on the format and contents of this resource. I hope you find it both informational and useful.
Visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mcroedu
License Renewal runs from April 1 through June 30 of the year you are to renew. Check the State Board's website for additional information http://isbe.net/licensure/requirements/toc.htm If you are up for renewal in 2015 the Regional Office of Education suggests that you DO NOT wait until June. In our experience when there is a high volume of traffic on the website it can be quite difficult to complete your transaction.
To complete this process, log into your ELIS account and on your ELIS homepage click on Renewal located in the Action Center Box. Registration fees must be paid by credit or debit card.
Application fees increased as of January 1, 2015 please refer to http://isbe.net/licensure/default.htm
FINGERPRINT HOURS EFFECTIVE MARCH 16, 2015
- MONDAY AND FRIDAY 8:30am - 11:00am
- TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY 1:30pm - 4:00pm
Please note: Substitute teachers only are required to pay a $50.00 cash fee.
The mission of the Regional Office of Education #44 is to engage youth across McHenry County in schools and educational programs that promote regular student attendance, secure the benefits of best practice professional development, ensure a safe and secure environment for student learning, and assure compliance with the regulations of the school code of Illinois representative of an excellent education essential for success in the world of work and in life.
Regional Safe School Director/Information Technology Coordinator
Evergreen Academy is a small school for McHenry County's at-risk students in grades 6-12. Evergreen Academy is located at 6506 National Street in Union IL.
As School Director duties include:
- Creating master schedule
- Establishing school policy and procedures
- Implementing behavioral interventions
- Conducting student intakes
- Evaluating staff
- Monitoring and reporting on student progress
- Collaborating with school staff from the home school.
As Technology Coordinator duties include:
- Developing curriculum and instruct students on career oriented IT applications (with the goal of a marketable IT certification)
- Maintain existing school technology resources and develop long-term technology plan for school
- Provide educational opportunities for students and teachers
- Illinois Educator License with endorsements in Administration and Technology Specialist
- Management experience or support position in a Technology Department, computer hardware, software, and networking systems. Experience in an education environment.
- Four to ten years related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer candidate with the following certifications - A+, NT, Exchange, Proxy, Cisco, Microsoft Applications and knowledge of best practice to support educational technology.
- Commensurate with experience and education
Date of Availability:
- August 15, 2015
- Apply online through ROE website